8 Ways to Maintain a Healthy Level of Insanity as a CAREGIVER
- When you’re out to eat and the server asks what you’d like to drink, say, “Diet water, please.” (Look as natural as anyone would while ordering a diet soda.)
- In the memo section of your checks, write, “for marijuana.”
- (If you can) Skip down the street. Don’t walk. See who looks at you.
- Make vanilla pudding. Put in a mayonnaise jar. Sit in a public area with heavy foot traffic and eat with gusto.
- When the money comes out of the ATM, scream, “I Won! I Won!”
- When it’s time to leave the zoo, run toward the parking lot screaming, “Run for your lives! They’re loose!”
- Sing along at the opera.
Uh ohhh! I already sing along during the NY Metropolitan Opera’s Live HD feeds. I conduct the music, too. I’m not the only one! 😮
- Sit in a parked car wearing sunglasses and point a hair dryer at passing cars. Watch them slow down!
Originally released in 2014 as How To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity in RETIREMENT. (Link to Google search results: Insanity in Retirement.) Revised as caregiver humor.