I had FUN with Susan Baida of eCareDiary during her BlogTalk Radio show earlier today. Please listen to the archive of the show here: RADIO interview: Can I Survive as a Caregiver? with Brenda Avadian, MA on Susan Baida’s Empowering Family Caregivers BlogTalk Radio show.
This was a fast-paced 30-minute interview where we discussed
- how my husband and I became caregivers–not recommended!
- whether or not we were in denial, initially.
- why my siblings and I were unable to work together.
- getting a power of attorney.
- the support services we used.
- the back story of the title “Where’s my shoes?”
- the key to our survival–it was close!
- we found the JOY–Hint: It’s in the little things!
- 3 key TIPS for Caregivers
Listen to the show and get our complete TIPS page–an attractive one-page Caregiver TIPS sheet to remind you each day of what you need to do to Survive and Find the JOY. Or subscribe to our monthly newsletter–enter your eMail address in the box at the TOP of left sidebar on this page.
For your family members who are still in denial about the sacrifices you make to provide quality care for your loved one, visit our special holiday offer that will strengthen and humor you and enlighten them.
Brenda Avadian, MA
Caregiver Spokesperson, Advocate, and Author